Friday, September 3, 2010

Ramayana Journal #1

My initial reaction to the first chapter wasn't what I was expecting. Viswamithra was taking Rama and Lakshmana with him to proteect him while he dances. I decided to engage more in the text I would have to get more backround information then we did as a class. But I also think this will be a good book. I like the different stories that Viswamithra shares. He is wise and very mellow, I enjoy him as a character. Because I can relate to being calm in such situations. I struggled a little bit so far but it's mostly the names so hopefully I will be catching on to that soon. I believe if I getr some more backround information I will really be ablke to engage in the book. Hinduism has a lot of ideas and concepts, I just need to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment